Ho Chi Minh's Sledgehammer Blow ~ No Travel Writer

Thursday 23 February 2012

Ho Chi Minh's Sledgehammer Blow



I felt ready to head back to the hotel but decide to have a look around the city for a while. It was coming up to midday and the sun was blazing high in the cloudless blue sky. I was loving it and definitely didn't envy the poor people back in the UK in the middle of November. Ho Chi Minh City is not the prettiest city but it does have a huge amount of backpackers passing through it everyday so can be a great place to meet fellow travellers and swap stories over a beer. To avoid the worst of the heat I sat outside a small restaurant with an ice cold sprite and tucked into an arrangement of rice, meat and spicy sauce. Whatever the food was it tasted amazing and if it was anything to go by I was looking forward to a lot more of this in Vietnam. After lunch and a walk back along the river to the hotel I had a quick nap and a shower to get ready to go and have a drink. I skipped down the stairs and into the foyer but was suddenly hit by what felt like a sledge hammer to the head and heart and I could not believe my eyes. 

1 comments: