It's All Coming Together ~ No Travel Writer

Saturday 18 February 2012

It's All Coming Together


I really do like a challenge but right then all I wanted to do was be at home. I couldnt believe the day that had unfolded: I had been lost and chased and was almost broke. Totally exhausted and emotionally drained I collapsed on the bed and drifted off to sleep. When I woke at 4:30am I was absolutely starving, I realised then that I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast the day before. Just round the corner was a 24hr 7-Eleven so I popped in and bought the cheapest thing they had, which happened to be some kind of chocolate bread. It was so good that I bought another to have for lunch. The same peaceful start to another day in Bangkok at Lumphini park was exactly what I needed to relax before going off to the embassy. The one thing that did slightly get my heart racing however was a splash from the lake and a metre long monitor lizard jumping out and running up the bank towards me. I darted up from the grass and jumped over a bench. Looking back I had to laugh, it hadn't been coming at me at all, it had just been going for a rat that was running along the waterline. I was slightly embarrassed having leapt a bench to get away but it put me in very good spirits for the rest of the day. Having applied for my visa I headed back to Cozy, I thought it was about time I tried to get my cash card sorted. Looking online I found their international assistance number and used my last 100 Baht to use the phone. I could not believe what had happened, I had locked it with the wrong PIN number it was actually 4-6-3-3. I felt like a lot of lesson had been learnt but still couldn't quite grasp the shipwreck that had been the last few days. They had definitely been an adventure and a steep learning curve in how to be prepared for the future.


Read From The Beginning



0 comments:

Post a Comment