A Fresh Start In 'Saigon' ~ No Travel Writer

Monday 20 February 2012

A Fresh Start In 'Saigon'


Ho Chi Minh City Airport was a world apart from anywhere I had landed before, it was used by the South Vietnamese and US forces in the Vietnam War. Taxiing to the stand it felt like we were landing in a working military airbase. Walking through arrivals however you could have been in any other airport anywhere in the world. The flight in had been smooth and comfortable but the best part had been the cabin crew. They were all absolutely gorgeous and the most helpful, smiley staff I had ever had. The taxi to the hotel in the 'Saigon' district of the city was also pleasant, luck appeared to be on my side with no mishaps so far. I felt great, partly because I had left Bangkok which had been nothing but a pain from landing to taking off but mainly because I had overcome the jet lag and my body was starting to acclimatise to the continuous scorching heat. I was once again ready for the trip, whatever it had to throw at me. I decided to go for a walk as the hotel was pretty quiet. Benh Than Market was a bustling and vibrant place with seemingly almost everything and anything on offer all under one roof from bright, silk scarves to live crabs and frogs. I was mobbed as soon as my foot fell inside the doors. There seemed to be at least two or three people hanging off each arm pulling me towards there stalls and more sellers with merchandise in my face. Feeling a bit stranded I became very rude and aggressive but soon cut myself off remembering that I didn't want another incident similar to Hualampong Station. This was definitely something I was going to have to address sooner rather than later.

Read From The beginning

 DVZGY57M79EV

0 comments:

Post a Comment