The Exhilaration Of Relief ~ No Travel Writer

Friday 10 February 2012

The Exhilaration Of Relief


I couldn't believe it, I had come all this way and now had no money. Not knowing what to do I headed back to the guesthouse to try and think and relax. I suddenly remembered what my fantastic parents had given me just before I got on the train. It wasn't something I would have ever thought of but I was now so grateful that they had. One hundred pounds worth of travellers cheques would at least last the three days I had left in Bangkok before flying out to Ho Chi Minh City and I could get the card sorted before then. The pure relief was so exhilarating! I headed downstairs with the ear to ear smile I hoped would gravitate people to me. Five or six people were milling around and chatting in the lounge I walked up and said hi to a beautiful blonde girl and exaggerated the cheesy smile. She smiled back and we began chatting for an hour or so then she said goodbye and good luck, grabbed her bags and got in a taxi to the airport for her flight to India. I could not believe how well I had done; I had not felt scared or embarrassed at all, it was a rush to be so relaxed around someone. Before she left she had given me her 'South-East Asia On A Shoestring' book that would undoubtedly be invaluable throughout the trip.


Next: Just One More Day
Read From The Beginning

1 comments: