Fear and Doubt ~ No Travel Writer

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Fear and Doubt



Staring down at my brand new, pristine, rucksack going through the list I had already ticked off three times before, I suddenly felt a creeping chill go up my spine bringing panic with it. I began dreading the trip and had no wish or will to leave. I was twenty, just out of college and this being the first time I would leave the comfort and ease of my parents house I felt bolted to the floor. My only experiences of other countries so far had been family holidays in Europe where everything was provided and the most difficult decision I had to make was what I would choose from the menu. This time though I would have to find somewhere to sleep every night in every new city or place I found myself in the completely unfamiliar surroundings of South East Asia. Calming down and reassuring myself that everything would be fine and prove to be an absolutely fantastic experience that I would remember for the rest of my life I heaved my pack over my shoulder and shut the bedroom door. I would not see the house again for six months.  


Next: A sad Goodbye

0 comments:

Post a Comment