Just One More Day ~ No Travel Writer

Monday 13 February 2012

Just One More Day

I began the next day in peace after watching the serene, synchronised movements of Tai Chi in Lumphini park against the backdrop of the rising sun. Each group brought their own fascinating style from the graceful flow of silk scarves to the precise efficiency of swords, I knew I would come back the next day to relax away from the manic streets that were beyond its walls. I sat on the metro for the third time and still couldn't get over how clean it was. I rode it to Silom station and headed up Wireless Road to find the Vietnamese Embassy. Eventually I found it after passing it twice, I must have missed it whilst watching in amazement at the American Embassy that dwarfed the Vietnamese site on the opposite side of the road. I smiled to myself at the statement that was being made and headed inside the much smaller gates but was immediately stopped by security who explained that the embassy was shut due to a national holiday and it wouldn't be open until ten the next day! I began to realise what that meant and my heart sank. My flight to Ho Chi Minh was at 11am in two days time and I couldn't get a visa in time. Visas took one day to process and that was one day I didn't have.


Next:Tuk-tuks, What Have You Done Now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment